Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Almost Spring but . . .

The sun is finally shining and promises to shine for a couple of days this weekend here in the Pacific NW.  Relatives and friends in the NE are stilling digging out from YAS (yet another snowfall).  I am still knitting with wool.  (Don't really like cotton so I continue with wool and blends even during the summer.)

Bot some fabulous Mini Mochi at Weaving Works in Seattle during a yarn shopping trip with friend Darliss. WW is a great shop with a wonderful selection and variety of yarn, plus supplies for weavers.  Also, they have lots of books and notebooks of patterns.  I wish I lived a bit closer as it's a 50+ mile trip one way thru downtown and the worst of the I-5 corridor traffic.

One of the store models was a wonderful shawl that included some leaves and a growing band of stockinette.
 Here's the beginning of the shawl . .
The yarn specified by the pattern was Regia Angora Merino
solid colors.  But I preferred this Mini Mochi in
a color wave that includes dark emerald and some copper
Up close . . .

Will need a good blocking (you can see the pins holding
scarf in place for pix.)  The center section expands while
the leaves travel up each side.

Great pattern at a great price.  This little "journal" from Regia has at least 12 patterns, including a series for babies.  There are hats, scarves, shawl, sox -- variety at a great price.  $6.95 US.



After the expansion, the center stockinette section will decrease its way back to nothing, leaving only the leaves to intersect at the finished (and narrow-again) end of the scarf.

Love the yarn, though I have to watch not to split.  I am using
a US 4 needle.

Really enjoying this one.  It moves along.  It's not too taxing.  The yarn is soft and the colors are yummy.  I will wear it this Spring even if the sun is shining.  I am a knitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment