Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

What's that for?


Husband:  What's that for?
Me:  Haven't used it since I made the apron.  Figured it was time. (Apron post here.)
You:  Read (or scroll) to the end to find the answer.  Most of you will have guessed and many of you (no insult intended) will admit to the same behavior.

Working on lots of things -- sewing and knitting and cross stitch.  As a friend recently remarked:  ooooh, too many projects.  I, on the other hand, can attest to the truth:  There are never tooooo many projects.

First one is a wonderful tote kit from Connecting Threads.  It's in their Red Rhapsody fabric collection. Size is about 15 x 3 x 9, not too big and not too small.  This one was my Saturday morning project.

Great collection of coordinated red
fabrics in a charm pack, plus
fabric and lining to go with.


You can see the fabulous lining, plus the mondo
button I selected for the closure.


Mr. Clown, from the crib blanket, has most of his face now.

Must finish some bits of hair outline and his
left check, plus ruffle at the neck

Patches on the overalls and bits of his sox and pink shoes.  Cutie pie!



The knitting?  Not going so well.  Finally got around to the glubs I promised my daughter for Christmas.  Pix below will show progress and pride, but alas:  much toooo big all over.  Kit from KnitPicks, with conductive thread for forefinger and thumb so glove removal is not required when using mobile devices.  Clever.




The gloves have been frogged.  I've rediscovered The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, by Ann Budd.
Not quite a re-do; I'm leaving the ribbing (which has actually been completed for both gloves.)
Will begin again at the ribbing.  

Now that you are finally at the end of the scrolling and/or reading, you may have decided you know "What's that for?"  The "that" is "this" and you may (or may NOT) remember what it's "for."  Giggles.

Yup, I vacuumed the sewing room.
So it's ready for the next project.

Sure hope your Saturday morning has been as much fun as mine.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment