Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Second-Guessing

The first time through a new knitting procedure is always a challenge.  The latest one for me is turning a corner with a knitted on border on a lace shawl.   (Now, THAT was a mouthful, huh!)

Lots of reading, counting, thinking and finally -- the method that works for me.

Suspend everything I think I know about knitting and just follow the directions.  

Works every time.  The only time I've really had big problems with a pattern or a technique is when I tried to second guess the process.

Two pics to show the result.

Just by chance this pic shows the color truest to real life.

Here's to Suspending What We Think We Know.




No comments:

Post a Comment