Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Cat in the Hat



Love the kits available for kid quilts.  Found this one at Nancy's Notions. 

  • Clearly written instructions.
  • Coordinated colorful fabrics, each with a Dr. Seuss motif.
  • Full color picture of what it's supposed to look like.
  • Reasonable price.


Some folks don't 'approve' of kits -- and maybe it's true that creativity is less likely to be unleashed when all the pieces (color, fabric, layout, etc.) are handed to you.

I enjoy kits, especially when mental energy is low, as it is now for me.  There's little time or enthusiasm for designing my own, finding the fabrics, working thru the layout challenges, dealing with disappointments along the way.

So I love kits when I just wanna make something that has a very high probability of a)making it to the finish line and b)looking great when it's complete.

Preprinted panel with great Dr. Seuss drawings.
Great fabrics for the borders.







Border fabrics -- next step for me.

To kit or not to kit.  May not be life's uprooting question but I am sure glad the option is available to me when I need it.

Happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment