Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

#MakingMajorProgress



The #AugustCompletionMarathon is producing real results.  It's amazing what happens when I concentrate on just a few projects.  

  • #Confession -- lots of ideas swirling in my brain.
  • #Truth -- I haven't started anything new since I began the marathon.  Hurray for me!


Here's where I am as this wonderful Sunday comes to a close.

Berenstain Bears Quilt -- It's fini, done, complete, and ready to mail.  Took the very last stitch in the binding about 30 minutes ago.  Feels wonderful, absolutely wonderful.


Personalized the quilt with a label that includes my name.
Found some wonderful coordinated fabric for the backing
at Shibori Dragon in Lakewood.  Perfect
That very very last stitch in the binding.

Baby Afghan -- This one is a long trip.  Lots of interesting stitches, though.  I've added a couple of inches and now have 20" on my way to 36".  Then 12 rows of (groan) seed stitch.

Truest presentation of the color I've been able to achieve with
my amateur camera skills.
Fledge Shawl -- about 20 rows remain and this one will be ready for blocking.  Lace can be intimidating but I love it.  This pattern from Megan Goodacre has some rest rows creating bands of stockinette.  Can't wait to see the final border.





Knitting Lessons -- grandson's head met with foot of teammate's foot resulting in minor concussion.  What do you do to keep a 9.5 yr old boy 'quiet?'  Teach him to knit.  Well, he got it.  We will both be taking our knitting on the trip to Ocean Shores this week.

#Confession -- I dropped that extra needle right thru the gap
in the decking.  Grandson may be crawling under there tomorrow
to retrieve it.

#Secret -- It's one of a set of 4 or 5 so I will give him
another one if we don't get this one from its hiding place.
#SillyNana
Seems like #Summer is almost over.  School supplies are in the stores and I've added a package of new Ticonderoga #2's to my knitting needs.  Didn't really need a new Pink Pearl eraser but do love them -- soft and wonderful (like cashmere?)

#HopeYourSummerHasBeenGrand











No comments:

Post a Comment