Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

United

That's what I have left -- U N I T E D.  The Manchester is finished and what's supposed to pass for a soccer ball in the middle.  (It's a scarf for a Manchester United fan, and my 100th follower on Twitter.)


And just to show that is really is Double Knitting, here's the other side folded over the right side.

The squiggly thing at the top right is the best I could
do to portray the small ball that appears in the MU logo.
Various images are here -- Manchester United.
The back side?  Well the letters appear there, as expected.  However, they are in mirror format.

Having a great time with this one.

  •  I'm learning double knitting. 
  •  I'm designing some graphics, especially letters. 
  •  I can see progress on a steady basis.

But it's intense, I'll warn you.  Every stitch and every row is carefully placed and I'm always watching.  Mistakes can be corrected but remember, for every mistake there are two stitches to fix -- one on each side.

Wanna try it?  Here's a tutorial from KnitPicks with great photos.

PS for the curious.  Yes, I did knit the sock monkey.  Twas a kit from KnitPicks several years ago, but no longer available.  Sock Monkey has a gray robe, too, which was not shown in the posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment