Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Underline Sunny

People in southern, sunny California probably don't have much need for shawls that warm the shoulders.  But there's a mother there I know, one whose first born is flying the nest to college.  The info I have tells me she is already missing him though graduation is still an event in the future, albeit very near future, as in June 20.

The memory and prayer shawl is silk and cotton, not too dense, not too big.  Hoping this special mother will find a time now and then to wrap herself while she's reading during a cool evening or walking the dog early in the morning.  Maybe a wrap for coffee time or even a wrap for a dressy night out.

Do they have cool in sunny California?


From One+One by Artyarns. Design by
Iris Schreier.  Diamond Lace Wrap.
On the blocking board.


This one is definitely for intermediate knitters because of the turns during each of the diamonds.  There's no way to have a life line which can be a comfort and insurance during most lace knitting.  This is quite unique.  In the book it's shown in two colors and it's lovely that way too.


  • Yarn:  Classic Silk by Classic Elite Yarns (50% cotton, 30% silk, 20% nylon). That should be OK for Sunny California?
  • Needles:  I started with US8 and then upsized to US9.  The 8's made it too tight and dense and the 9's corrected that and matched gauge.

I'm delivering this one.  Lucky me.  It's 60 degrees, cold, wet, rainy and gray -- again, still, ever, yet, always, here in our part of the Pacific NW.  Twill be grand to hit the ground in Sunny California.

Underline Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment