Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

LBD and new Beatrice Wrap

Saturday night event.  LBD.  New hand-crocheted wrap with a bit of sparkle.  Husband in tuxedo.  All the things a gal needs for a special date.


Red Heart Stardust, superwash wool, nylon and a bit of sparkle.  The pattern is free-- Beatrice Wrap.

I think I'll block it so the picot edging is a bit more stable.  Also, I want the Solomon's Knots not to be knotted.   Here's the detail.


So there you have it.  This is a wonderful pattern.  It's labeled "Experienced" and I'll admit to needing some help with those Solomon's Knots.  Check out Crochet Geek on YouTube for help -- you can see what I learned.  Crochet Geek -- video link at the top of the home page.

I hope they serve a fine champagne at the event on Saturday night.  This sparkly wrap deserves a dress-up  beverage, don't ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment