Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Where is the Butler when we need him?

The butlers of this world must be overworked.  So many mystery something-alongs.  And when I can't seem to finish mine I sure wish the proverbial "Butler did it" would appear and whisk away my unfinished odds and ends.

By this point you surely have realized I've embarked on YAM (Yet Another Mystery.)  This one is a second verse sorta thang.  Last fall I was one of over 100 quilters participating in a mystery quilt along brought to us by Heather Spence Designs.  Each QAL raises funds to help augment the medical expenses of cancer patients.  You can read more at Heather's site.

We're doing it again, making one of Heather's wonderful originals and sharing our enthusiasm and struggles via Facebook group.  I hope you'll join us.  We're already a group of 125!  From all over the world.

First clue is tomorrow, April 27, 2012.  Direct link to Mystery Quilt FAQ's.

Here are my fabrics.


The quilt patterns are each originals by Heather Spence, a talented and enthusiastic quilting professional.  We're all gathered on a FaceBook group page.  Most fun I've had on FB -- ever.

Here's last Fall's quilt.
Design by Heather Spence Designs.  Fabric collection and
assembly by me.  Quilting by HSD.

So invite the Butler.  Maybe he likes to quilt.  And maybe, if you don't like what shows up at the end of the mystery you can always say, "The Butler did it."

No comments:

Post a Comment