Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Oooo -- but it's very pretty

Quick update to show the pattern taking shape on the white shawl.  It's been a long and arduous road to get to this point.  Still a relatively long journey ahead to make this shawl the large and elegant wrap-around it's designed to be, but I'm finally peeking at the end.

Now that the strips of lacey holes are well-defined,
you can see that the transition row of eyelets-flowers-
eyelets forms a demarkation pattern.

Back to knitting -- each right side row with add-and-take-away stitches takes at least one half hour.  Ouch.  This one may not be finished when I planned.  Either I accept a later finishing date OR I knit for more hours each day OR I knit faster (and risk mistakes.)

Life is full of choices and so is knitting.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, it is a beautiful photograph! Cant wait to see the progress!!!

    ReplyDelete