Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

You can't roller-skate in a buffalo herd . . .

. . . and you can't knit while driving.  Lakewood to Portland in a horrible rain storm; trucks splashing up water and visibility poor.  No knitting.

Finally last night had time to finish the Andean Silk scarf that matches the hand-warmers.


Even had time to weave in those pesky tails.  Feels good to be finishing some of the UFO's.

This pattern works out so that the scarf has good
texture on both sides -- no 'right' or 'wrong' side.

But of course I have also ordered yarn for another shawl.  I reckon I'll slip this transgression into 2011 and begin anew with a solemn vow to finish the two sweaters in my project bag before I buy supplies for another new project.

Except those gloves are calling me.  And I need them for driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment