Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Did-overs?

Sat down last night and made up my mind to do-over the mistake swatches.  That makes each one accurate and I've decided to name them the Did-Overs.  Perfectly horrible new hyphen (which is already over-used, see?)  But it works, doesn't it?

I'm very close to the end of the swatch knitting -- one more to go.  Then I have to do a hat, but it includes that wonderful hot pink and another deeper winey color.  Twill be joyous to work on this final project for Level I designation toward Master Knitter.

Showing you these cute Amigarumi crochet critters from sister Sarah.  Sadly, she's not online so won't know that I have immortalized (?) her crochet work in a knitting blog.  You'll see the Did-Overs after this picture; it's the first picture thumbnail that shows up when I share on fb.  And no, can't seem to select another thumbnail.  (Kiss, Kiss to FB.)
Sister Sarah loves crochet, the way I love knitting.
Don't you just love the diversity in families!?
Here's what the swatches (less one) look like in their notebook, which must be no more than 2" wide.  I must measure this notebook; I may be able to get one just a bit larger.  Also note the yellow stickies (where would we be without yellow stickies -- for lists, reminders, notices, page-markers, etc.?)

Each swatch goes into a page protector.  For now,
I'm storing the Do-Overs with the Did-Overs as a
reminder to pay close attention to all instructions!

The hat begins today so hopefully by tomorrow you will see some color, more of that yummy pink.  Meanwhile, here are the boring shots of the boring beige Do-Overs and their mates the Did-Overs.  I've bundled some; they are each a different add-stitches technique but pix don't really show the difference.  In knitting instruction books, each is explained in words accompanied by drawings, not pix.  

Have you found YOUR Learn-to-Knit book yet?  (just had to finish with a hyphen!)





No comments:

Post a Comment