Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Too nervous to knit

Where did that come from? I have been knitting since I was 15 and not just scarves and hats. I've tried most everything, including color work, lace, cables, knitting in the round, even entrelac.

So where did this anxiety come from? I've picked up the cream colored yarn in worsted weight and my favorite wooden needles in US 7. I've cast on three times, split a stitch, redistributed the ribbing pattern as if I were making the back of a sweater, something to be seamed to another piece of the intended garment.

It's 20 stitches, for crying out loud! It's a swatch and not even a very big one.

So from whence cometh the stall?

Oh, I know, I do. I'm a self-labeled over-achiever (even the type that can use two hyphenated words one right after the other!) and this numbing and tiring fact of my make-up has now brought me to inaction as I face the next major step in the hobby I dearly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment