Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Swatch 11: Eyelet Pattern

Here we are again -- adding stitches and taking them away.  This one is the second of the lace swatches.  The first one is done, but it is so pedestrian I went right to this one to share.

Eyelet Pattern -- yarn-overs and decreases

The idea is that we're building on our skill set, like any training class.  The idea of eyelets (the holes) is used in lots of lace patterns.  In case you missed yesterday's post, here's the picture of a real live work-in-progress that uses the same idea.  Though as you can see, this actual project is a bit more complex -- but not by much.
See the holes?  And can you see the leaves"
It's not magic -- it's knitting!

Off to get the much-needed hair cut.  My shiny gray/white hair is nice, but it's now poker-straight and needs regular scissor attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment