Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Supplies in the Sun

I have everything I need -- yarn, needles, my own know-how.  No reason not to begin.

Was thinking the other day about the way I get work done.  I like to have a plan and goals.  That's just me. So what do you think about this:

  1. At least three days each week, early in the morning when I am best and things are quiet, I will work on swatches and prepare my answers for the questions that accompany each swatch.
  2. I'll post something as I make progress -- with pictures
  3. I'll work to have everything in the mail -- swatches, research, my notebook of replies -- by January 15, 2012.
Yes, I like a plan.  And having written it down, I reckon I'll have to stick with it.

Here are a few pix of my supplies, taken under the new and flourishing bamboo on our back deck.  And yes, it's in a pot -- the bamboo, not the supplies.  I haven't yet found a tree that grows yarn, though I have a closet that seems able to multiply the yarn that I store there.  Every time I open the door there's more yarn!  How does that happen?

So here is my bag from Yellow House Yarns, with one of the two nicely wound skeins (balls, to non-knitters) of natural Cascade 220.


Yarn looks especially grand next to the bright bamboo.  


Oh, I hope to use the bamboo theme background for all the pix, but who knows.  The weather here in the Pacific Northwest is wet, gray, gloomy, and monochromatic (unless you like shades of gray).  These conditions might dictate that I find a substitute background.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment