Why this journey?

I've been retired now for over a year. Husband has been sick but is now doing quite well with new pacemaker. I continue to knit and knit and crochet. Recently I became friends again with my sewing machine so you will see some of those projects, too. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spun by Darliss

Scarf #1 knit with Darliss' yarn
Darliss is my friend.  Darliss is talented.  She dyes fibers, she spins fibers into yarn, she knits using all the different techniques and stitches available to knitters.

Darliss also shares -- and the yarn she spun for me last Christmas is worthy of a few pics.  She will correct me if I wrongly state that the yarn is mohair and silk.  The color washes thru periwinkle and lavender.  And the photos will not clearly show the sparkle and shine.  But it does -- sparkle and shine.

Skein of Darliss yarn, with scarf #2 on the needles
I'm starting Swatch #2 today while I work on Scarf #2.

Scarf #1 from Darliss' gift.  Can you see the color wash?



No comments:

Post a Comment